North Toronto Treatment Plant, Process & ECAP 2 Upgrades
Recent Bennett Construction Group Project
Contract Value: $25,702,000.00
Scope of Work:
- Cast in Place construction of new electrical substation and two (2) new electrical houses
- Structural repairs to lower aeration gallery and aeration tanks
- Removal of venturi flow meter and installation of new 400mm magnetic flowmeter complete with motorized knife gate valve for upstream isolation
- Removal of existing medium bubble diffuser system and installation of new fine bubble diffuser systems within all aeration tanks (8)
- Installation of a Membrane Activated Biofilm Reactor (MABR) system including dedicated blower in Aeration Tank 1 & 2
- Installation of jet mixing systems in anoxic zones of Aeration Tanks 1&2
- Installation of submersible mixers complete with fine bubble diffusers in anoxic zones of aeration tanks 3-8
- Removal and replacement of existing blowers with a new turbo blower system complete with upgraded control valves and air piping including main header, drop legs and air headers into each aeration tank
- Installation of new WAS pumps, and reconfiguration of existing WAS piping to allow for waste sludge pumping directly to the North Toronto Trunk Sewer.
- Reconfiguration of existing RAS piping to eliminate hydraulic constraints and facilitate independent operation of three separate treatment plants.
- Installation of new ferrous chloride dosing pumps and piping to facilitate dual-point dosage including air piping in trench. A channel aeration mixing system to be installed in the dosing point of ferrous chloride.