Woodward Avenue Water Treatment Plant Upgrades – Contract 1
Recent Bennett Construction Group Project
Contract Value: $20,000,000.00
Scope of Work:
- Rapid mixing tank work including installation of an additional chemical (PACl) injection feed line; and, replacement of 8 rapid mixers including the motor, shaft and agitator along with new power wiring, conduit and supports for the rapid mixers.
- Flocculation tank work including replacement of 24 flocculation mixers including the motor, shaft and agitator along with new power wiring, conduit and support for the flocculation mixers; and, structural/process repairs within the flocculation tanks, including repairs to cracks, spalling and corrosion on the tanks base slab, walls, roof and expansion joints.
- Filter building work including removal of GAC media in all 23 filter sand installation of new GAC media, topping up sand media; replacement of settled water and wash water sluice gates and hydraulic actuators for all 24 filters (24 each x 2 = 48 total); replacement of backwash valves and electrical actuators for filters 1 to 12; surface preparation and repainting of filter piping, fittings, venturi flowmeters for all 24 filters; replacement of all couplings in the filter piping gallery
- Filter 7 work including removal and replacement of underdrain with new underdrain, sand and GAC media
- Chemical/Lower Stores Building work including replacement of the single brick façade
- Replacement of seven (7) clear well gates in a live system.